PLEASE READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
LAST UPDATED: April 1, 2015
As used herein, "Site" refers to beerconnoisseur.com also termed The Beer Connoisseur® Online and is operated by On Tap Publishing, LLC, owner of the Site. By using this Site, you indicate your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, you have no right or license to access the Site and you should not do so.
On Tap Publishing, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise update these Terms & Conditions at any time, or to impose new conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, modifications, updates or additions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on the Site, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means by which you obtain notice thereof. Your use of the Site after such notice shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such changes, modifications, updates or additions.
On Tap Publishing, LLC may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Site at any time, including the availability of any feature or content. On Tap Publishing, LLC may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Site without notice or liability.
USE OF MATERIALS LOCATED ON THIS SITE: COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS AND RESTRICTIONS
All materials published on the Site (including but not limited to articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips) are protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by On Tap Publishing, LLC or the party credited as the provider of the material. The entire contents of the Site are also copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws, and the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content are protected by copyright. You shall abide by all copyright notices and other restrictions contained in any material accessed through the Site. No material from the Site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer (or other electronic device) for your personal, noncommercial use, and may print one hard copy of the material on the Site for your personal, noncommercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading or printing copyrighted material. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, noncommercial use is a violation of the respective owners' copyrights and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other Web site or networked computer environment is prohibited without express written consent from On Tap Publishing, LLC.
SUBMISSIONS, BLOGS AND PUBLIC FORUMS
The Site includes blogs, chat areas, message boards, e-mail and other interactive functions ("Forums") which allow feedback and submissions to On Tap Publishing, LLC and real-time interaction between guests. Only registered guests who have expressly indicated their agreement to these Terms & Conditions may use any of these Forums. Registration consists of identifying oneself, giving a screen name and password, and expressly indicating by means of clicking on an applicable box or boxes the guest's acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. Registration is subject to On Tap Publishing, LLC’s prior approval and your continued compliance with the terms of these Terms & Conditions. On Tap Publishing, LLC reserves the right to refuse participation to any applicant or participant at any time in our sole discretion. Multiple accounts held by the same individual or entity are subject to immediate termination unless expressly authorized in writing by On Tap Publishing, LLC (including by e-mail). You are solely responsible for keeping your e-mail address and other contact information updated.
Terms & Conditions directly applicable to use of such Forums include the following:
1. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, communications or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, that you submit to any of the Forums ("Submitted Content"), are your sole responsibility. This means that you, and not On Tap Publishing, LLC, are entirely responsible for all Submitted Content that you upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit via the Forums.
2. On Tap Publishing, LLC does not endorse or control the Submitted Content delivered to this Site, and On Tap Publishing, LLC has no obligation to monitor such Submitted Content. As such, On Tap Publishing, LLC does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such Submitted Content. However, On Tap Publishing, LLC reserves the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or to delete any Submitted Content, in whole or in part, that is in violation of these Terms & Conditions or that it deems to be objectionable or unacceptable for any reason whatsoever.
3. On Tap Publishing, LLC further reserves the right at all times to preserve any Submitted Content or to disclose any Submitted Content as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request or any good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms & Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any Submitted Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of On Tap Publishing, LLC, its guests and the public.
4. You understand that by using the Site, including its Forums, you may be exposed to Submitted Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will On Tap Publishing, LLC be liable in any way for any Submitted Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Submitted Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Submitted Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Site, including its Forums.
5. You understand that the comments of others displayed in connection with your Submitted Content as used herein ("Third Party Comments"), may be disparaging, defamatory, embarrassing, or otherwise be of an unfavorable nature and may expose you to public ridicule, humiliation or condemnation. On Tap Publishing, LLC expressly disclaims any liability for any Third Party Comments. You acknowledge and agree that On Tap Publishing, LLC shall have the right (a) to include any Third Party Comments on the Site and in any and all forms of advertising, promotion, and publicity for the Site and/or the Submitted Content, and (b) to broadcast and otherwise exploit the Submitted Content with or without Third Party Comments in any manner, and in any media, whether now existing or hereafter developed.
6. By registering, accepting these Terms & Conditions, and uploading Submitted Content, you represent and warrant to On Tap Publishing, LLC the following: (a) you are at least 21 years of age, (b) all of the information provided by you to On Tap Publishing, LLC to enroll and participate in the Forums is correct and current; (c) you hold and will continue to hold the necessary rights, including but not limited to all copyrights, trademark rights and rights of publicity in the Submitted Content to enter into this Agreement and to grant the rights granted herein; (d) you are the creator of the Submitted Content you upload to the Site (or are specifically authorized to upload the Submitted Content by the copyright holder), and did not take any of its elements from a source such as another Web site, publication, recording, film, or video; (e) you have made any required payments to guilds, performing rights societies, or to any other body or group representing authors, composers, musicians, artists, and other participants in the production of the Submitted Content, or other entities having legal or contractual rights of any kind to payments as a result of distribution or exhibition of the Submitted Content; and (f) you have the legal right and authority to agree to, perform the acts required of you, and to grant the rights and licenses described in these Terms & Conditions.
7. It is a condition of your access and use of the Site that you do not:
a. Restrict or inhibit any other guest from using and enjoying the Site; b. Encvourage those under the age of 21 to participate in the site; c. Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an employee or representative of On Tap Publishing, LLC, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; d. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Submitted Content transmitted by means of the Site; e. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any Submitted Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); f. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, invasive of another's privacy, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmission constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law; g. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any Submitted Content that either involves nudity (including partial or complete nudity of any person under age 18); exploits persons under age 18, or discloses any personally identifying information about persons under age 18 h. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder; i. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any information, software or other material which contains a virus or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or any other harmful component; or j. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes or which contains any form of solicitation (including, but not limited to, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," and "pyramid schemes"), advertising, promotion, marketing for goods or services, or any form of lottery, sweepstakes, or gambling; k. Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other guests of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other guests' ability to engage in real time exchanges; l. Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks serving the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site; m. "Stalk" or otherwise harass another; or o. Collect or store personal data about other guests.
8. By posting or submitting any materials (including but not limited to any remarks, ideas, graphics, photos, comments, product concepts, advertising concepts or ideas, and suggestions for improving or changing existing content) to this Site, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) to On Tap Publishing, LLC a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form or technology now known or later developed, and you waive any moral rights you may have in having the material altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. You further grant On Tap Publishing, LLC a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use your name in connection with the Submitted Content, and to use the Submitted Content for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes.
9. You warrant that any materials you upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site contains nothing that will give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law, including nothing that is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, invasive of another's privacy or publicity rights, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent, or that constitutes an infringement of anyone's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right, or derivative rights with respect thereto.
PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS FROM THE SITE
The purchase of products and services from the Site is governed by the terms and conditions of the sale for each transaction type.
The Site may contain links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by others ("Third Party Sites"). The appearance of a link does not imply On Tap Publishing, LLC's endorsement. On Tap Publishing, LLC has not reviewed all of the Third Party Sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of or any products or services offered in such Third Party Sites. You access them at your sole risk, and you should direct any concerns regarding any Third Party Site to its site administrator or Webmaster.
ON TAP PUBLISHING, LLC LICENSEES
On Tap Publishing, LLC licenses it’s The Beer Connoisseur™ Magazine, The Beer Connoisseur™ Online and The Beer Bibber™ Club brands to others for use on goods and services ("Third Party Licensees"). The appearance of the brand on these products and services does not mean that these are On Tap Publishing, LLC products or services. On Tap Publishing, LLC makes no warranty of Third Party Licensee products or services. They are products and services offered and sold by independent companies that qualify as Third Party Licensees. On Tap Publishing, LLC is not responsible for these products or services. You purchase and use than at your own sole risk and you should direct any concerns regarding any Third Party Licensee products or services to the appropriate Third Party Licensee company. If you have any questions about the contact information of the Third Party Licensee, On Tap Publishing, LLC will provide contact information from its files for your assistance.
The Site is controlled and operated by On Tap Publishing, LLC from its headquarters in Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States of America. On Tap Publishing, LLC makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, except as to any provisions which may be governed by the laws of the United States, in which case the latter shall govern. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Sandy Springs and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
ENFORCEABILITY AND TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These Terms & Conditions, together with any other terms, conditions or policies set forth elsewhere in the Site, constitute the entire agreement between you and On Tap Publishing, LLC in connection with your access and use of the Site.
On Tap Publishing, LLC may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site for any reason, including, without limitation, failure to comply with any of these Terms & Conditions. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of this agreement or otherwise. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access or use the Site, and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to materials downloaded from the Site and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement shall survive.
Your access to and use of the Site is at your sole risk. If you are dissatisfied with any of the materials contained in the Site, or with any of these Terms & Conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site.
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE AND ALL DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, ON TAP PUBLISHING, LLC AND ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ANY AFFILIATED WEB SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED. ON TAP PUBLISHING, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OPINION OR ADVICE PROVIDED IN OR FROM THE SITE. ON TAP PUBLISHING, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, On Tap Publishing, LLC and all officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (all of the foregoing, collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") shall in no event be liable for any claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising, including without limitation any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, even if On Tap Publishing, LLC or the Indemnified Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or any Web site with which it is linked. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data backup and virus checking as you consider necessary.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless On Tap Publishing, LLC and the Indemnified Parties from and against any and all claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising (including but not limited to any legal or other professional fees and the costs of defending or prosecuting any claim and any loss of profit, goodwill, and any other direct or consequential loss) incurred or suffered by On Tap Publishing, LLC and the Indemnified Parties, directly or indirectly, by reason of any act or omission which you commit in breach of these Terms & Conditions (including but not limited to your obligations, representations and warranties contained herein) and any other terms and conditions or policies set forth elsewhere in the Site. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. On Tap Publishing, LLC reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
Because you have acknowledged that, at its sole discretion and for any reason, On Tap Publishing, LLC may edit, refuse to post or to delete any Submitted Content that you post, in whole or in part, and may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of this Site, that you have granted (or warranted that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) to On Tap Publishing, LLC a royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish and distribute any Submitted Content that you post, such materials or incorporate such materials into any form or technology now known or later developed, and that you have waived any moral rights you may have in such Submitted Content, you hereby agree that if you unsuccessfully prosecute a claim against On Tap Publishing, LLC and/or any of the Indemnified Parties that arises from its exercise of its rights to edit, refuse to post or to delete any Submitted Content that you post, to terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site, to use its royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish and distribute any Submitted Content that you post, or seeking to recover for violation of your moral rights, you agree to reimburse On Tap Publishing, LLC and/or the Indemnified Parties for all costs of defending any such claim, including but not limited to any legal or other professional fees).
As part of the registration process, you will select a password and a subscriber ID. You also have to give us certain registration information, including a valid e-mail address, all of which must be accurate and updated: a. You may not (i) select or use a subscriber ID of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use a subscriber ID in which another person has rights without such person's authorization; or (iii) use a subscriber ID that On Tap Publishing, LLC, in its sole discretion, deems offensive. Failure to comply with the foregoing shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your account. b. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, which you will not have to reveal to any representative or agent of On Tap Publishing, LLC. c. You shall notify On Tap Publishing, LLC at CustomerService@beerconnoisseur.com of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of your account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password or credit card information. d. You may share your password and subscriber ID with others, but you are responsible for all usage or activity on your Site account, including use of the account by any third party authorized by you to use your subscriber ID and password. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your account, at On Tap Publishing, LLC's sole discretion, and On Tap Publishing, LLC may refer you to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
ARE YOU 21-YEARS OF AGE?
We strongly discourage users under the age of 21-years of age from accessing in part or in whole any content located on the Site. We also discourage those not yet of age from creating online accounts and subscribing to The Beer Connoisseur™ Magazine.
Subscriptions & Memberships
For inquiries related to your subscription to The Beer Connoisseur® magazine or to your membership of The Beer Connoisseur® online, to change the address of you’re The Beer Connoisseur® magazine subscription, or to provide any other subscription or member-related information to On Tap Publishing, LLC, please contact: On Tap Publishing at P.O. Box 420903, Atlanta, GA 30342, by phone at 404-981-8342 or email us at customerservice AT beerconnoisseur.com.
The Beer Connoisseur
5505 Roswell Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
info AT beerconnoisseur.com